Personal property damage claims as a result of Hurricane Irma


Personal property damage claims as a result of Hurricane Irma. Military personnel and U.S. government civilian employees who sustained personal property damage on MacDill Air Force Base as a result of Hurricane Irma may be able to file a claim for compensation. Claims for damage to personal property incurred off-base are not payable. Please carefully review the claims prerequisites and filing instructions for Air Force personnel below. Note: these claims are Service-specific. The contact information and procedures for Army, Navy, U.S. Marine Corps and Coast Guard personnel are provided at the end of these instructions.

The authority which authorizes the Air Force Claims Service Center (CSC) to pay certain personal property claims is the Military Personnel and Civilian Employees Claims Act (PCA). The PCA was enacted by Congress to lessen the hardships of military life by providing payment for certain types of property loss; however, it does not provide insurance coverage and is not designed to make the U.S. a total insurer of the personal property of claimants.  Claimants have a personal responsibility to protect themselves from loss or damage to their personal property. 


Claims for damage to personal property must have occurred on-base or in base housing (including on-base government privatized housing). Claims for property damage off-base at the member’s personally-rented apartment, rental home, or personally-owned real property (i.e., not government privatized housing) are not payable. 


Instructions for Air Force personnel filing a claim for personal property damage:

(Note: contact info and procedures for sister-Service personnel are provided at the end of these instructions)


1. Go to the Air Force CSC website,, and click “File Non Household Goods Claim.” This site is for Air Force personnel only. Note: Contractor personnel and Foreign Nationals are not proper claimants.


2. On the next two screens hit the "Proceed" button.


3. You will come to our Portal screen. Select "I already have a user name and password"


To create a User Name and Password, email from a .mil account and request a username and password. The subject line should read, "Request for Username and Password for Non Household Goods Claim." Please email from your .mil account so that the CSC can send your login information to you encrypted. 


4. Once you have input your username and password, you will then be asked to fill out your profile. Once that is accomplished, you can then begin inputting the information for your damaged property. 


5. Continue following all directions. Required documents include your Permanent Change of Station or Temporary Duty Assignment orders for military personnel or SF 50 for civilians. 


    Claims for damage in base housing – File with your renter’s insurance company first. After receiving settlement,     or if no renter’s insurance, any items which can be repaired (cleaned) must first be attempted by a firm qualified       to repair. If an item cannot be repaired (cleaned), then replacement is warranted. Any item which costs for than     $100 to replace, must be accompanied by substantiation in the form of a web page, catalog page, sale paper or     Base Exchange price. 


     Claims for automobile damage – File with your automobile insurance company first. After receiving settlement,     or if liability only (no comprehensive coverage), a claim can be filed with the Claims Service     Center. If your insurance company takes care of repairs, only one estimate of repair is required. If you have     liability only, you  must provide two repair estimates. If your vehicle was damaged at your duty section, a     statement from your supervisor stating that you were on duty at the time of the storm must be provided. Other     documents required are vehicle registration, insurance documentation and a receipt showing you paid your     repair company for your deductible. If you have liability only, you must upload a copy of your Insurance Policy     Declarations page showing your coverage and a receipt showing repairs were paid for. Please upload any     documentation related to your claim in the Upload Documents section of your claim.

6. Finally, there's a User's Guide link at the bottom of each page which should help you file your claim. 

7. After you have added all applicable information and uploaded any substantiating documents/photos, you should submit your claim.


8. If any questions arise about the claims process or if you do not have a .mil account from which to request a username and password, please contact us at, or DSN 314-986-8044, COMM 937-656-8044 or Toll Free at 1-877-754-1212. Our duty hours are Monday thru Friday, 0730-1630 Eastern Standard Time.


Service-specific military claims office information: 

Navy: Claims packets for filing your claim with the Navy can be found on-line at Click on “claims” under “For Sailors and families” then select “packets and forms” on the right side of the screen. You may also obtain packages from the Office of the OJAG Personnel Claims Unit Norfolk (PCUN). The phone number is toll free (888) 897-8217, commercial (757) 440-6315. The toll free help line is manned from 0700-1800, Eastern Time. The fax numbers are (757) 440-6316 and 444-3337. The email address is

Marine Corps: The web site for the Marine Corps Claims Office is The phone number for the Marine Corps Claims Office is commercial (703) 784-9533 (option 1), DSN 278-9533 (option 1). The fax number is (703)432-2591. The email address is   

Army: You may file your claim with the Army electronically via PCLAIMS, the Army's on-line filing program. You must possess a valid CAC card and have access to a CAC enabled computer. To access the system, go to Filing a claim consists of 2 steps - creating or updating your personal profile and filing a claim. In PCLAIMS you may also track or view the status of your claim. The PCLAIMS Homepage also provides useful quick links, FAQs and other useful information on the claims process. The Center for Personnel Claims Support (CPCS) is responsible for claims filed within the United States and Puerto Rico. CPCS may be contacted by email at or by phone at 502-626-3000, DSN 536-3000.

Coast Guard: Claims instructions and contact information for filing your claim with the Coast Guard can be found on-line at The phone number for Coast Guard Claims is (757) 628-4212.