|COLONEL LENNY J RICHOUX|
Colonel Lenny J. Richoux is Commander, 6th Air Mobility Wing, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla. The wing's overall mission is to provide worldwide air refueling and combatant commander airlift in support of the Air Force's global air mobility mission and to provide support to Headquarters U.S. Central Command, Headquarters U.S. Special Operations Command and 36 other mission partners that call MacDill home. As the Commander, he is responsible for more than $2.8 billion in base property and capital assets, and controls an annual budget exceeding $249 million. MacDill AFB represents a major economic influence within the Tampa Bay community, with a total economic impact of over $5 billion annually.
Colonel Richoux is a native of New Orleans, La. and a graduate of the Georgia Institute of Technology. He was commissioned through the Georgia Tech AFROTC program. He has accumulated over 3,100 flying hours as a KC-135 instructor pilot and C-17 airdrop evaluator pilot, executing 90 combat and 27 combat support missions in support of a variety of operations. Colonel Richoux has commanded at the squadron level and has served as a Vice Wing Commander. He is a graduate of Squadron Officer School, Air Command and Staff College, and the National Defense Fellows as a published author. The colonel has served on both the Air Staff and Joint Staff.
Prior to his current position, Colonel Richoux served as Vice Commander, 18th Wing, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan.
1989 Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Ga.
1994 USAF Flight Safety Officer School, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
1995 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1997 Master of Arts in Organizational Management, The George Washington University, Washington D.C.
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Air War College, by correspondence
2005 USAF Chief of Safety Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2007 Maintenance Course for Operational Commanders, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2008 National Defense Fellow, The Center for a New American Security, Washington D.C.
2009 Senior Leader Maintenance Course, Scott AFB, Ill.
2010 Joint and Combined Warfighting School (JPME-II), Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2011 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
1. June 1990 - August 1991, student, undergraduate pilot training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2. November 1991 - May 1992, student, KC-135 Combat Crew Training, Castle Air Force Base, Calif.
3. May 1992 - October 1993, KC-135R Pilot, 42nd Air Refueling Squadron, Loring AFB, Maine
4. October 1993 - July 1995, KC-135 R/T Aircraft Commander, 93rd Air Refueling Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
5. August 1995 - May 1997, Air Force Intern Program, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
6. June 1997 - April 2001, Wing Executive Officer, Wing Plans Officer, Squadron Executive Officer, C-17 Lead Airdrop Evaluator Pilot, 437th Airlift Wing and 14th Airlift Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C.
7. May 2001 - June 2002, Long Range Strategic Planner, Deputy Chief of Staff, Plans and Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. July 2002 - June 2003, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. June 2003 - April 2005, War Planner, Operations Directorate, J-3, the Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.
10. August 2005 - January 2006, Chief of Wing Safety, 437th Airlift Wing, Charleston AFB, S.C.
11. January 2006 - June 2007, Commander, 17th Airlift Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C.
(June 2006 - September 2006, Commander, 816th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
12. July 2007 - May 2008, National Defense Fellow, The Center for a New American Security (CNAS), Washington, D.C.
13. May 2008 - December 2008, Division Chief, Strategy and Plans, Directorate of Communication, Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. December 2008 - July 2010, Vice Commander, 18th Wing, Kadena Air Base, Japan
15. July 2010 - present, Commander, 6th Air Mobility Wing, MacDill AFB, Fla.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,200
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, KC-135, C-17 (mission experience in F-15, E-3, HH-60 and C-37)
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
2007 David C. Schilling Award for the most outstanding contribution in the field of flight (presented to the 17th Airlift Squadron)
2007 Authored "Start Planning Logistics of Iraq Withdrawal," published in Defense News, 24 Sep 07
2008 Co-authored "Rethinking the QDR," published in The Walker Papers, Volume 2
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan 25 1990
First Lieutenant Jan 25 1992
Captain Jan 25 1994
Major Apr 01 2001
Lieutenant Colonel May 01 2005
Colonel Oct 1 2008
(Current as of August 2011)