Help! How do my medical records get to my duty station?

  • Published
  • By Staff. Sgt. Joseph Labour
  • 6th Medical Support Squadron

MACDILL AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. – The headline is an excellent question and the TRICARE Operations and Patient Administration (TOPA) flight at the 6th Medical Group is here to assist you. The Central Records office is located on the 2nd floor of the clinic and there are three records rooms within the MacDill Clinic. Those records rooms are Flight Medicine, SOCOM, and Central Records.

Medical records are property of the United States government and must be maintained within the 6th MDG or one of its approved affiliates.

If you have just moved to MacDill, this paragraph is for you. All we need is a DD Form 877 filled out with your information and your last base’s location. You can get this form from Central Records or epublications. We will fax your request to your previous base and wait to receive your record in the mail. Once received, it will be distributed to the appropriate records room.

When you leave MacDill, Central Records will sign off your out-processing checklist for Air Force members. Please provide us with a copy of your orders to perform a transfer of records to your new duty station. Medical records are released for hand carry only if stated in your orders.

If you are in need of a copy of your medical records, visit your assigned records room and fill out the DD Form 2870. All members are authorized one free copy of their medical records per year.  If additional copies are requested within the same year, a minimum charge of $37.45 will be applied prior to completing the request.

If you have any questions, please call us at 813-827-9956. You can also check out our scheduled down days on Facebook or by calling 813-828-CARE.